"Man has his will - but woman has her way."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Graduation 2010

Like a lot of families across America, we are preparing for high school graduation. I am sure my son would not agree with me, but it seems like this year has just flown by. He brought home his announcements the other day and I nearly cried! Silly me, right?

I am sure this would be an emotional time anyway, but the fact that we faced a whole lot of difficulties through his public school career makes it even more so. My son was diagnosed with Asperger syndrome, a form of autism, before too many people seemed to know what it was, even the teachers. There were plenty times when I would go to pick him up at school not knowing what I would hear about his day.

Now on the verge of graduation, I am so proud! He proved so many people wrong. He is already taking AP courses and making great grades. Do I sound like a bragging mom? Good, because for this minute, that is just what I am!!

To all the 2010 grads, I say congratulations and to my son I say -

"YOU GO, BOY!!!!"

2 comments:

  1. My oldest is graduating this year as well. We just had a change of plans on his college choice thanks to the IRS and an honest mistake from a few years back. We are all sad because he got accepted to a really great college. Oh well, life goes on. I am glad my post made you laugh. I try to keep things light and happy despite things like this. Congrats to your son. I know you must be very proud. Thanks for visiting me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg, sorry to hear about your son's college situation. My son also has to go to a college that is not his first choice. It is disappointing, but trying to stay positive helps. I'm just happy he is college bound at all!!! Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete