"Man has his will - but woman has her way."

Oliver Wendell Holmes

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"You are not the father." Maury Povich

I saw something the other day that at first made me laugh and then just made me sad (and no, I wasn't in the middle of a mood swing). While watching a mind-numbing "baby daddy" episode of the Maury Povich show, it aired a quick tidbit about "Maury merchandise". This advertisement had baby onesies; you know, those cute little one-piece jumpers, with the following statement printed on them: "I met my daddy on Maury".

For a hot minute, it was funny and then I thought the whole thing through. What does that say for society? Okay, lets say that the guests on that show and others like it only make up a small segment of the population, but still, come on! Some of the girls, and I say girls because it seems that most of them are in their teens to early 20s, come back repeatedly in their search for their "baby's daddy". And the men (or boys, really) love to denounce them as whores (pronounced hos apparently), tramps, etc., yet they were more than willing to sleep with them and usually unprotected. EWWW.

Far be it from me to beat someone over the head with morals (glass house and all that) but what is going on?!? What about loving yourself? Who is guiding these kids, teaching them self-respect? When did "free love" become the mantra for middle school?

Peeps, we have got to do better...

No comments:

Post a Comment